GMD is a Special Purpose District formed for a specific area to provide sewer service to the properties within the district boundary. GMD has its own budget with money collected from the district and spent within the district.
You pay for sewer service monthly just like your other utility bills.
What Does Your Sewer Service Charges Go Toward?
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Protecting public health
- A cleaner environment
- Operation and maintenance of 387-mile sewer system, 8,500 manholes, 32 pump stations and 2 treatment facilities
- Emergency response 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Treatment and conversion of wastewater to clean water or biosolids for return to the environment
- Installation, rehabilitation and maintenance of sewer pipes
- Preservation of our water resources for future generations
- Sewer system Expansion