Leak & Pool Fill Adjustments
GMD’s POLICY ON SEWER REIMBURSEMENT AND CUSTOMER RELATIONS FOR WATER LEAKS AND FILLING POOLS
Occasionally customers will fill a pool or will have a water leak of which they are not immediately aware The customer is responsible for the proper installation and maintenance of all plumbing on their property and is therefore responsible for any leaks occurring in their plumbing. However, as a matter of customer relations, the General Manager is authorized, at his/her discretion, to adjust a customer's bill in the event of a substantial water leak, provided the following conditions are met:
Pool requests: The General Manager is authorized to give a one-time credit (one-time per account) for filling a pool, provided that the month in question exceeded the current Flat Rate that is being charged (i.e. in 2018 that amount is S 16.32 plus 688 c.f. or $47.45). The bill can be adjusted down to the average of the three highest bill amounts in the last 12 months.
- The existence of the leak must be verified by GMD or a certified plumber.
- The residential customer consumption must exceed the 2,300 CF cap and be higher than the average water consumption for the three highest amounts in the last 12 months.
- The bill to the commercial/industrial customer must be at least $150 higher than the customer's highest bill for the preceding 12 month period.
- If the conditions in a AND b or c are met, the General Manager is authorized to reduce the customer's sewer bill by up to one-half the amount reasonably attributable to the leak over a three month period.
- No customer's bill may be reduced because of a water leak on more than one occasion within any 12-month period.